6/7/09

Off to a Good Start

I really can't believe it's been over a month since I've been back in the States. Honestly I haven't dealt with much reverse culture shock like many warned me about, so that's good! I started work at the beginning of May for my sister doing landscaping in the city of Abilene. Despite the heat, I love being outside! There was tons of planting to do, so that kept us really busy for a while. I posted some pics of part of the main park we take care of below. It's not too attractive this early in the season because the flowers weren't in full bloom yet, just some perennials. It's looking better now though. Other than staying occupied with work, I've went to 3 family reunions, enrolled in a nearby community college for this coming fall, went to Union College's graduation, just got back from campmeeting, done some experimental baking with new recipes, and am now getting ready for a wedding I'm in next month in Vermont. Next week I'll be teaching a class and helping out with music for our churches VBS- I suppose that will be interesting. I've also found a few spare moments to squeeze in some scrap booking which is fun, yet frustrating too. My perfectionistic side tends to peak through and it takes me forever to accomplish anything. Still fun though. Anyway, to sum it up, life's been treating me great and there's not much to complain about! Guess that's all for now. Hope you're having a great summer!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Well, I think your garden is pretty:) Even if it is a little flat & not quite in full-bloom;) Miss you, buddy!!