9/29/08

Last Day of Connection with the World

So I've finally found out who I'll be spending the next month with: Rob, Alison, Mem (our translator) and I will be heading out to a village tomorrow to start the work we've been receiving training for. Our group of about 10 is being split into smaller groups, each with a media guy to film, and a translator, and being sent to villages all over. Thankfully our assigned village is only about 30 minutes away, so perhaps we'll be able to come back periodically to check our email (chances are slim though). During our stay we'll mainly be teaching the villagers about the 8 laws of health. I don't exactly know what else we'll be consuming our time with, but we'll see! The main goal is to just get in and start living like them- to become familiar with their customs, etc. An American couple (SMs from Walla Walla) invited us over to their place for supper and games tonight. American food! I guess it's kind of a farewell thing before we are subjected to the primitive villages. I'm excited to start the village work though. This is pretty short, but times up. Gotta get to class! Pray for us.

1 comment:

Anh Pham said...

Sounds like you're on quite an adventure. I'm praying for you!